Oyster Lab is the cleantech company builder of Alpiq, one of the leading energy companies in Europe. We are an international team of engineers, designers, data scientists, researchers and energy experts based in the heart of Zurich, Switzerland. Together, we solve consumer problems and hope to make the world a greener place.
We are looking for a working student who shares our entrepreneurial spirit, and supports our agile practices and human-centered innovation mindset. You will contribute to turning Oyster Lab into one of the fastest and most innovative company builders in the energy and e-commerce sector.
• Support our teams to self-organize, make decisions and keep the energy high
• Prepare and moderate our dailys, sprint plannings and demos
• Support monthly and quarterly team steering, e.g. setting release goals and defining test hypothesis
• Help us fostering team health (preparing and moderating team retros, team health checks & team building workshops)
• Support the facilitation of discovery workshops (e.g. prepare and conduct user research, ideation...)
• Interest and first experience with customer-centricity, Lean Startup, agile methodologies (e.g. as scrum master) and OKRs
• Enthusiastic, positive can-do attitude
• Generalist who is able to quickly learn and apply new knowledge
• Natural moderator personality
• Strong facilitation skills (recognizing team dynamics, remaining neutral yet involved, active listening, time boxing, visual facilitation...) are a big plus
• English language fluency, German a big plus
• Business, Design, Engineering or Psychology background preferred
• Follow a steep learning curve which gives you the perfect start into working life
• Learn about everything a start-up does and needs in various lifecycle stages
• Gain expertise in applying methods in real business life
• Get mentoring & supervision by experienced Design Thinking, Lean Startup & Agile Coach
• Design your traineeship at Oyster Lab so that it fits your personal development goals.
Oyster Lab works with qualitative and quantitative research methods to solve real customer needs whilst constantly tracking product performance. This allows us to build products that combine outstanding user experience with data that proves it. You will have the opportunity to be part of lean customer development cycles where continuous testing in all shapes and forms is vital to product development. Oyster Lab uses qualitative and quantitative research methods to solve real needs of customers and build products that combine great design and outstanding user experience.
Join our international team of people who are strategic, transparent, supportive and encouraging. We maintain a startup spirit with low hierarchies, yet enjoy the amenities of a grown-up enterprise. You will learn more than you ever thought possible about a variety of topics related to the nuts and bolts of agile practices, human-centred design, and product innovation.
We offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours, discounts from external partners, relocation assistance for internationals, amazing team events and game nights (e.g. kicker, Mario Kart N64, Cards Against Humanity), and much more. English is our default language, and our Swiss colleagues will happily provide you with snackable Swiss-German lessons. Our office space lies within an easy walking distance of central Zurich, Europe’s wealthiest, most sustainable and second most live-able city in the world.