Oyster Lab is the cleantech company builder of Alpiq, one of the leading energy companies in Europe. We are an international team of engineers, designers, data scientists, researchers and energy experts based in the heart of Zurich, Switzerland. Together, we solve consumer problems and hope to make the world a greener place.
We are now looking for a creative and experienced UX/UI Designer with a strong visual and conceptual focus, who shares our entrepreneurial spirit, lives and breathes outstanding product and service design. As the customer champion behind our companies, you will build innovative B2C energy services, and ensure a consistent experience across all touchpoints (with a special focus on digital touchpoints). You will create outstanding user interfaces, boost the desirability of our products and ultimately contribute to turning Oyster Lab into one of the fastest and most innovative company builders in the energy and e-commerce sector.
• Deliver wireframes, mock-ups, user flows, and functional specifications.
• Define, develop and communicate creative concepts for visual design.
• Implement ambitious mobile-first interactions for a variety of screen sizes and form factors (smartphones, tablets, PCs, web).
• Create visually balanced designs, graphical elements, illustrations and interactions.
• Build outstanding and re-usable design systems.
• Deliver consistent experiences across the customer journey.
• Design blueprints for innovative B2C services in energy and e-commerce sector.
•Promote Oyster Lab in relevant communities, events, social media and conferences.
• Relevant professional experience and track record as an UX/UI Designer.
• You have solid experience in data-driven user research as well as continuous testing based on a variety of different methodologies. Knowledge of web analytics a plus.
• You have proven experience in utilizing a variety of user-centered iterative design methodologies and objective evaluation techniques, i.e. Design Thinking and Lean Startup.
• You can prove the ability to build successful brand identities, design systems, responsive layouts and applications for web, desktop and mobile.
• You master your prototyping, visualization and development tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe CS, Sketch, Axure, Framer, etc.).
• You possess hands-on experience in the B2C domain of Smart Home, Internet of Things, Smart City and E-Mobility. Experience in designing for consumers in the Swiss and other European markets a big plus.
• You possess an understanding of trends and technical fundamentals in the energy sector such as storage solutions, smart grid or decentralized energy production.
• You have intercultural competencies and proven experience working in an international and dynamic startup environment outside of Switzerland.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset with an aptitude for constantly breaking new ground while setting the right priorities between business and customer requirements.
• You possess effective communication and storytelling skills.
• You have an interest in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional teams.
• English language fluency. German a big plus (especially for research).
Oyster Lab uses qualitative research methods to solve real needs of customers and build products that combine great design and outstanding user experience. We develop digital platforms enabled by complex data and deep technologies such as the internet of things, artificial intelligence or distributed networks. With our deep understanding of the energy sector and digital economies, we build business models that are lean, connected and scalable.
Join our international team of people who are strategic, transparent, supportive and encouraging. We maintain a startup spirit with low hierarchies, yet enjoy the amenities of a grown-up enterprise. You will learn more than you ever thought possible about a variety of topics related to the nuts and bolts of agile practices, human-centered design, and product innovation.
We offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours, discounts from external partners, relocation assistance for internationals, amazing team events and game nights (e.g. table soccer, Mario Kart N64, Cards Against Humanity), and much more. English is our default language, and our Swiss colleagues will happily provide you with snackable Swiss-German lessons. Our office space lies within an easy walking distance of central Zurich, Europe’s wealthiest, most sustainable and second most livable city in the world.