Oyster Lab is the cleantech incubator and company builder of Alpiq, one of the leading energy companies in Europe. We are an international team of engineers, designers, data scientists, researchers and energy experts based in the heart of Zurich, Switzerland. Together, we solve consumer problems and hope to make the world a greener place.
We are looking for a (Senior) Product Owner who shares our entrepreneurial spirit, and loves to build high-impact products and services for customers that are yet to be discovered. You will provide leadership to cross-functional teams and contribute greatly to turning Oyster Lab into one of the fastest and most innovative company builders in the energy and e-commerce sector.
• Identify, validate, build and scale new product-ideas using the Lean Startup method
• Oversee the transition from initial concept to final company blueprint
• Research relevant market and industry trends, and own/shape the product vision
• Maintain a network of potential partners within and outside of Alpiq
• Guide the product development, team alignment and decision-making processes
• Optionally promote Oyster Lab in relevant communities, events and conferences
• Relevant professional experience and track record in product management and project management
• High degree of customer empathy and passion for (digital) products, down to small details
• Fluency with KPIs, funnel metrics and ability to interpret and make decisions from split test results
• Visionary and influencer with a bias for action and getting things done
• Sufficient technical competence to discuss with our software engineers
• Expertise with the Lean Startup methodology is a big plus
• Experience working in start-up environments where constant change is the norm
• Business acumen and an entrepreneurial mindset with an aptitude for constantly breaking new ground while setting the right priorities between business and customer requirements.
• Effective communication and storytelling skills
• English language fluency. German a big plus.
Oyster Lab uses qualitative research methods to solve real needs of customers, and build products that combine great design and outstanding user experience. With our deep understanding of the energy sector and digital economies, we build business models that are lean, connected and scalable.
Join our international team of people who are strategic, transparent, supportive and encouraging. We maintain a start-up spirit with low hierarchies, yet enjoy the amenities of a grown-up enterprise. You will learn more than you ever thought possible about a variety of topics related to the nuts and bolts of agile practices, human-centered design and product innovation.
We offer competitive salary, flexible working hours, discounts from external partners, relocation assistance for internationals, amazing team events and game nights (e.g. table soccer, Mario Kart, board game nights), and much more. English is our default language, and our Swiss colleagues will happily provide you with snackable Swiss-German lessons. Our office space lies within easy walking distance of central Zurich, Europe’s wealthiest, most sustainable and second most liveable city in the world.
We offer you modern terms of employment and an interesting and multifaceted area of responsibility in an exciting, dynamic environment. Have we sparked your interest? Then please apply using our job application portal. Alpiq stands for equal employment opportunities. Designations of persons and functions apply to all sexes. Applicants from recruitment agencies can only be considered upon prior arrangement by telephone.
Alpiq Holding Ltd is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading and energy management. Alpiq Digital AG is a subsidiary of Alpiq Holding Ltd. and develops digital solutions and new service models in the energy industry.