We are looking for a Mobile Engineer who shares our entrepreneurial spirit, and lives and breathes excellent software engineering. You will contribute to turning Oyster Lab into one of the fastest and most innovative company builders in the energy and e-commerce sector. You should be enthusiastic about trending topics like electric mobility, smart home, connected car or IoT.
• Prototype mobile applications to validate our hypotheses.
• Build finessed native apps for e-mobility, digital home, IoT, autonomous driving and more.
• Write clean and reusable code and seek all possible process improvement opportunities.
• Work through complex, cloud-based systems, and call on the principles of highly available, scalable, maintainable and performant services.
• Promote Oyster Lab in relevant communities, events and conferences.
• At least 5 years of programming experience of mobile and/or backend applications.
• Expertise in one or more of the following: Swift, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin, Scala, Clojure.
• Experience in the following technologies is a plus: platform-agnostic mobile development (e.g. Cordova, React Native, Xamarin), Docker, Kubernetes, RDBMS databases, Trusted Platform Module.
• You are ready for heavy collaboration, code review and pair-programming with other engineers.
• Experience in agile software development methodologies.
• Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture, DevOps and web services, and a strong interest in further development. Ability to quickly acquire skills in technologies not familiar with.
• Effective communication skills and an interest in being part of a highly autonomous and cross-functional team.
• A degree in computer science, mathematics or another similar discipline.
• English language fluency.
We offer competitive salary, flexible working hours, discounts from external partners, relocation assistance for internationals, amazing team events and game nights (e.g. table soccer, Mario Kart, Cards Against Humanity), and much more. English is our default language, and our Swiss colleagues will happily provide you with snackable Swiss-German lessons.